Film Production - SoLa Studios (ages 14-18 yrs)
with Adam Steel
ATTN: The Annual Membership fee is $25.00 per child and is required to register for ANY after school programs or activities with the SoLa Tech & Entrepreneurship Center.
Film Production - SoLa Studios
High School (Ages 16-18 yrs)
In-Person (Mon & Wed, 4-6 pm)
Course Overview - SoLa Studios is a South LA film production program designed for a new generation of Black and brown storytellers. We provide an unrivaled approach to hands-on, interactive learning, where Tech Scholars are immersed in their course of study from day one. Award-winning industry professionals teach classes, and Tech Scholars have access to a complete creative studio with state-of-the-art equipment and will walk away from the program with professional-level film production skills.
Intro Course Description - The intro course explores the art of visual storytelling and provides a solid introduction to all aspects of film production. The course starts by examining the art of storytelling through photography and video and how to harness the medium to communicate your message correctly. After completing this course, Tech Scholars will have a strong understanding of the roles of a production crew, digital storytelling techniques, basic proficiency in operating professional video/photo cameras, and editing in Adobe Premiere Pro. Tech Scholars will leave the program with finished video projects to add to their portfolios. This program requires strong commitment, and all applicants will undergo an interview before being accepted.
Course Learning Objectives:
- Learn the fundamentals of storytelling and the power of images and video
- Become Proficient in using Sony a7siii video and photo camera
- Become proficient in using production gear, including a tripod, gimbal, studio lights, and wireless livelier
- Understand the basics of cinematography and camera movements
- Learn how to work with other Tech Scholars on a production crew
- Become proficient in using a MacBook Pro and editing on Adobe Premiere Pro
- Learn how to organize and import footage, create projects, and export video projects
- Learn how to film in slow-motion and slow-motion edit clips
- Learn the basics of color correction, adding titles and lower thirds, and sound mixing
- Learn how to create a completed video by incorporating footage, music, audio, color, and titles.
Commitment Acknowledgment - This in-person course requires a strong commitment. All applicants will undergo the interview process prior to receiving course acceptance. Please note this registration does not guarantee enrollment in this course.
Sep 11 - Dec 13th, 2023
Mon and Wed for 13 weeks from 4:30 - 6:30 pm
SoLa Tech & Entrepreneurship Center
961 e. 61st street
Los Angeles, CA 90001 Get directions
Room: SoLa Studios